Nueces Aid Eligibility
Proof of ResidencyApplicant must be a resident of Nueces County.
One of the following is needed as proof:
- Current house payment receipts,
- Current rent receipt and copy of lease agreement, or
- Statement of Residency form will be required if no other proof is available with current utility bill, CPL or telephone bill with address.
Applicant's countable household resources cannot exceed $5,089.67. The household`s personal property and homestead are exempt from the $5,089.67 limit. One personal automobile per household is exempt from the $5,089.67.
You need any of the following that may apply to you:
- bank checking and savings account statements,
- credit union checking and savings account statements,
- bank statements for proof of certificates of deposit, IRA's, direct deposit from retirement benefits, stocks, military, allotments, etc.
- list and description (value) of all vehicles in household, and/or
- current property tax statement.
- Proof of Income:
- Applicant's household income (adjusted for household size) can not exceed 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines as published in the Federal Register. See Eligibility Income Guidelines Grid
- You need any of the following that may apply to you:
- payroll check stubs for the past three (3) months,
- self-employed Income Tax Return with profit and loss statement or current year-to-date income statements,
- verification of income to include all family members employed in the household,
- unemployment benefits award letter
- copy of check or award letter of the following: social security and SSI, workers compensation, child support, Department of Human Services (AFDC) and/or, food stamp grant letter
- Social Security card
- Picture identification such as driver's license, Texas I.D., school I.D., etc.
Downloadable Forms and Documents